Monday, October 11, 2010

How understanding personality helps parents

One size doesn't fit all when it comes to kids. FIrst step is to understand the 9 different personality types ( ego types) and figure out which one your child is. All 3 of mine are very different and have different needs according to the way their brains are wired. Fairness, in my opinion, means treating each child according to his or her particular needs, and it really helps if the parents know what these are. Check into the Enneagram to learn about the 9 different types. Your child's personality forms between the ages of 2-5. Your guidance is crucial during this time. But each type needs a different kind of guidance. I wish I'd known this when my kids were little. I learned it when they were teens which helps, but still. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment